What do we have to offer?
We have a thriving, well-respected music department at Yugumbir State School with a staff of 5 teachers - two classroom music teachers and three visiting instrumental teachers.
- All students from Prep to Year 6 receive a quality sequential skills-based music education.
- Opportunities exist for upper school students to learn to play an instrument and participate in a school band at the appropriate level.
- Choral participation is available for students from Years 3-6.
- Instrumental and choral students perform regularly both within the school and in the wider community.
For further information access the parent handbook for the music instrumental program
- Each student has one lesson per week learning a range of musical skills including singing, playing and reading music with a music specialist.
- Students learn the skills through activities which are often games-based. Being able to work and play with others appropriately is valued.
- Students are encouraged to develop their musical interests and skills and they may then choose to participate in either a choir or instrumental program to extend their musicianship.