At Yugumbir State School, we strive to ensure we have a positive culture across our school community, enabling all students to engage in their learning to achieve their best, to build positive relationships, and to participate in extra-curricula activities to develop skills and interests within and outside of our Australian Curriculum.
Our shared vision, Caring Hearts, Enquiring Minds, Enriching Lives is achieved by using evidence-based practices, making data-informed decisions, explicitly teaching and ensuring consistent expectations, acknowledging achievements, using an instructional approach and ensuring consistent collection and recording of behaviour data.
We expect our staff and students to SOAR every day, by being:
Always Responsible and
Students who SOAR are acknowledged with class rewards, and SOARing every day earns students Pilot Points. Students who earn 40 Pilot Points by week 9 of each term are invited to attend the term's Celebration of SOARing event. The school house with the most points each term also receives an opportunity for extra play in the last week of term.
Our Signature Practices include:
- SOARing at Yugumbir – being Safe, an Outstanding Learner, Always Responsible and Respectful at all times.
- Zones of Regulation: Students learn to be aware of their emotional 'Zone' and practice strategies to help them to regulate and engage in their learning.
- High Five: Students learn skills to independently solve issues, and seek adult help only if needed.
- Classroom PBL 'Flower' for Positive Relationships: Our teachers use consistent, research-based strategies to build positive relationships with our students.
- Data based decision making: Our teachers regularly analyse our behaviour data, to make changes to our practices to ensure our students continue to SOAR.
How have you been SOARing today?